Sunday 4 September 2011

A new front garden :)

After some hassle with the neighbour demanding money from me (about £400) because he was getting damp across the front of his house.
Apparently it was the soak away that was broke and it was my fault for parking my car on it.
Things got quite ugly :(
so my resolution was to dig up the front garden, which to be honest i was using as a parking lot and wasn't pretty.
I do need to publicly state that the reason after investigation the soak away had failed, was due to - drum roll - nothing to do with my car - but due to about 30 years of muck being washed off a flat roof.
He never did apologise :(

Total cost of the project - was a lot of hard work on my part and £35 paid by the neighbour.
I decided once I had finished to make some alterations to the front wall and then, a new lawn perhaps. :)
that did cost me lots £12 for the seed.
The plants I used were ones that I had in my greenhouse, grown from seed I was going to keep then until next year and try my luck at selling at a car boot sale. (oh well needs must)
My front garden as it stands now :)



Not a bad result, neighbour off my back, a new garden and a saving of £350
 

No comments:

Post a Comment