Sunday 5 June 2011

Moving Day - My Plants Get A Real Greenhouse

Friday was a perfect day, started by taking my son to fly his plane then on for some fishing at a local canal. Blue skies and definitely the hottest day this year.
I got a phone call from my wife to tell me that the greenhouse I had been so eagerly awaiting had arrived. It took me about two mins to pack my tackle away and a quick drive home. There it was, Two boxes. I could hardly believe they could flat pack a greenhouse so small.
I found the instructions and I could see why there had been so many bad reviews, they made no sense at all (I spent a lot of time over the next 2 days staring at those instructions very blankly).
It was a giant meccano set, as my wife said I needed the help of my son.
Many hours later and things were starting to take shape. My brother turned up and helped for a while, but he had to stop as he had dislocated his arm digging a couple of days ago. He was a lot of help to say he was in a sling.
About 8 hours work for 2 people
The next day after tightening and un-tightening every screw on the frame to fit the panels, my plants finally had a new home. 




The Tomato's look very lonely in there with only  a cucumber for company
The whole project must have taken about 14 hours and 2 people to complete. As for the reviews of the greenhouse, I would say partially founded as most of them were complaining about how difficult it was to build.
I know I took a risk buying it, especially based on the reviews. When you think about it though are there any easy to build greenhouses. The one thing that counts is I am Highly pleased with the finished product, and I can't wait to grow lots more plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment