Sunday 12 June 2011

Plant Pots - On The Cheap

Locally I have been buying my small plant pots for £1 for about 10, sometimes 15. If I was to go to the likes of B&Q they can get quite expensive.
I had been looking on ebay at a deal £7 for 50 - 13cm pots, not too bad a deal. I still wanted cheaper, after scouring the local car boot my wife spotted 2 bin liners full of large pots, I asked the gentleman how much and his reply was "make me an offer". After a bit of discussion he came back with the price of £3, I thought that was a little expensive per pot (there was some big pots in there). To my surprise that was for the bag full. He offered the 2 bags full for £5. We had struck gold there must have been 300 pots in there.
On our way back we called in a local garden centre, Right next to the toilets was a skip with lots of plant pots.
I enquired and was told to take as many as I liked. We took most of them.
Another 100 possibly.

Now is all I have to do is wash and disinfect them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment